Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Year One

Fiction by Nora Roberts

Year One (Chronicles of the One Series #1)
https://www.barnesandnoble.com

This book is called Year One: Chronicles of The One, Book One. So my initial reaction is: Wait, what number is this?

I'm joking, of course.

This story is a bit of a departure for Nora Roberts, who is known mostly for romance novels. She also writes futuristic crime under a different name, but this one is not of that genre either. I'd call it an Armageddon Book, I suppose.

At the start of this novel, a plague begins that will wipe out a good 80% of the world's population. Bummer, huh? But this is one of the interesting type of post-apocalyptic stories, the kind with hope for the human race left behind.

The story is really exciting, but it gets weird rather quickly as well, so it may not be for everyone. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, though. (Which should be number TWO, I think...)


No comments:

Post a Comment