Thursday, June 28, 2018

Calico Joe

Fiction by John Grisham


I just went to freshman orientation at Mississippi State University with my second daughter and they gave us this book. Three years ago, I did the same thing with my oldest girl, and we got Same Kind of Different as Me. Apparently the college assigns a book to each freshman class to read and then has the author come and speak at the beginning of the school year. So that means they are having John Grisham visit my kids' school!! (I think he graduated from there.) It's an all-school book club! I think this is a great idea, but my daughters are not necessarily on board with it. 

So I don't know if my daughter will read this book, but I read it. I was afraid it would be too sportsy for me--I'm not a fan of sports books-- but this was really a character-driven story that had some sports parts I could skip if I didn't understand them. 

I also read recently by this author:The Rooster Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment