Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Liar

Fiction by K.L. Slater

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

This story is about a girl called Amber who not very nicely schemes to get a certain man to marry her. I read another book not too long ago about a horrible husband-stealing Amber, (see The Last Mrs. Parrish) and I'm starting to feel prejudiced against this name. If your name is Amber, you'd better stay away from me, and don't speak to my husband! (I'm joking. I'm sure most real Ambers are quite nice.)

Anyways, this was a pretty good story, although I spent a lot of the book with "Oh-No-I-Can't-Look-Syndrome,"** hoping that the characters would recognize Terrible Amber for what she was. It sure took them long enough.

There was a surprise twist at the end though!

I also read recently by this author: The Apartment

**Oh-No-I-Can't-Look Syndrome

(See also Lock Every Door by Riley Sager)

That's when you know a main character is making a major error in judgement that's going to have huge and terrible consequences.



No comments:

Post a Comment