Thursday, September 24, 2020

Hyperbole and a Half/ Solutions and Other Problems

 Nonfiction by Allie Brosh

https://www.barnesandnoble.com//https://www.barnesandnoble.com

I read Hyperbole and Half several years ago; probably  in 2013, since that’s when the book was released. I had read the author’s blog prior to that, which was very popular at the time. The book was both funny and touching; I really loved the stories and fell in love with Allie and her honesty.

(I’m saying this here because I don’t have an entry for the first book, although I did have my book blog then. So I don't know ; maybe I didn't put it in because it was a graphic novel? Possibly. That was a bit snobby of me, wasn't it? But I digress...)

I believe she stopped posting around the time the first book came out. I was very excited to see that she had finally published a second book, although I was surprised to realize it had been seven years since then. I ordered the book right away because I wanted to know what had been happening to Allie all this time. 

Well, unfortunately the past seven years have not been kind to Allie. I was sorry to read that bad things had happened, but once again captivated by her stories and bowled over by her honest telling of them. 

The book gets bleakly nihilistic at times and has a lot of bad words, but it’s a very good memoir nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment