Monday, September 21, 2020

Elevation

 Fiction by Stephen King

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

This was an interesting book that I read quickly; in length it was more of a novella than a full book, especially by Mr. King's standards.

In this story, a man called Scott is losing weight for no apparent reason. When I read that in the synopsis, I thought it was going to be a rehash of Mr. King's Thinner from 1984, which I read years ago. But Scott (a thoroughly nice guy) did not incur the wrath of an old gypsy woman, and his weight loss is even more mysterious than in the other novel. Also, as a modern twist, there's a legally married lesbian couple who live next door to him, which definitely couldn't have happened in the eighties.

I loved the characters in this book a lot. To me, the whole thing was more about the people than the Stephen-King-Weirdness of the plot. I recommend this book for a nice short read.

I also read recently by this author: The Institute


No comments:

Post a Comment