Sunday, January 8, 2012

1Q84

Fiction by Haruki Murakami.

1Q84
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

OK. This book was awesome.

That being said, it's not for everyone. For one thing, it's 925 pages. Quite a load to heft around and read, especially in hardback.


Also it sort of defies genre; I couldn't decide if it was realistic or fantasty fiction.



Oh, and it's definitely for grown-ups. You can figure out what I mean by that for yourself...

But I still say AWESOME. I will definitely look for more by this author.

This was translated from the Japanese, which I was unsure about to begin with, because sometimes translation ruins books. For example, I had a lot of trouble getting into The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, even though everyone said it was great, and I think it was because of the translated language.

But kudos to the translators of this one! Good job not ruining the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment