Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Summer Wives

Fiction by Beatriz Williams.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

I thought I'd read other books by this author, but apparently I haven't. Well, I will now! This book was really good.

On a small island off the cost of New England, there is a sharp divide between the summer "Families" who vacation there, and the year-round residents, who are lobstermen and working-class folks of mostly Portuguese descent. In 1931, when the story begins, the two sides come briefly together in a way that will have disastrous consequences for years to come. The story stretches to 1969, when Miranda Thomas returns to the island as a grown-up movie star, ready to confront the past.

I'd definitely recommend this book.


1 comment:

  1. Good one! Hope you bring this over to Books You Loved. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete