Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This One is Mine



Fiction by Maria Semple.

This One Is Mine

http://www.barnesandnoble.com

This was a pretty good book.

It had good characters and funny dialogue; however, the only problem was it had one of those main characters who just keeps doing stuff you know is WRONG for her.

After a while it just gets excruciating to read a book like that. You're like, "Please stop, protagonist. You are being so STUPID!" You feel like giving up on reading, but then you REALLY want to know what happens.

The good news is, it all ended up okay in this story. So stick it out. :)

Although I have read some books where it didn't.

A Visit from the Goon SquadExample: A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. I kept waiting and reading, and the characters' bad decisions just kept coming. It did NOT come out all right in the end. I was not happy.

But I guess it was a successful novel, in a way, if I'm still thinking of a year later.

I mean, unless you like to read for ENJOYMENT.....

No comments:

Post a Comment